David turned 5 last month.
I think 5 must be the age where kids are definitely easier. The moment we've been waiting for. He totally understands everything we tell him to do and he actually listens to us most of the time. Also, he can do most things by himself with little assistance. Yay!
Shortly, after his birthday, I convinced him to try his bike without training wheels. He was mostly always using his balance bike and rarely used the bike with training wheels. I told him since he's 5 now, he should totally be able to handle it. It took some encouraging, but he let me push him to get a head start. He didn't have any problems balancing or pedaling. Starting took him a few tries, but he eventually got it.
He's got all kinds of skills
Shirt Size: 4-5T
Pants Size: 5T
Shoe Size: 12
Weight: 38 lbs (29.66%)
Height: 43" (49%)
Interview with David at Age 5
1. What is your favorite color? no favorite color..I can tell you what my worst favorite color is: Pink.
2. What is your favorite toy? Transformers
3. What is your favorite fruit? Pomegranate
4. What is your favorite tv show? Handy Manny
5. What is your favorite movie? Wall-E
6. What is your favorite thing to wear? My running shoes
7. What is your favorite animal? cheetah
9. What is your favorite book? Revenge of the Dinotrucks
10. Who is your best friend? Eytan, Daddy, Mommy, Kayla, Cousins, and Uncle
11. What is your favorite snack? fruit snacks
12. What is your favorite drink? Orange Juice
13. What is your favorite breakfast? Pop Tarts
14. What is your favorite lunch? Pizza
15. What is your favorite dinner? Cheese Pizza
16. What is your favorite game? SpongeBob Squarepants and Pet Pals (Leap Pad Games)
17. What is your favorite thing to play outside? Ninjago
18. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
19. What do you sleep with at night? A dream light
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? I haven't figured that out yet.
He rarely naps. Occasionally, we let him use his leap pad when Kayla naps. It's always his favorite part of the day on weekends.
He is enjoying school so much this year. He especially loves that Kayla goes too. He is still working on trying to learn to read. He knows the sounds that each letter makes, but he doesn't quite hear the word when he sounds it all out.
Here is some of the work that he enjoys doing at school:
He likes science. He brings home little booklets like this that has different parts colored and sometimes labeled of different things and phases of stuff.
He LOVES doing math. He did these first, but has gone on to more complicated math below.
He calls this the snake game.
All these sheets are the stamp game. I was super impressed when he brought these home and a lot of them are actually correct.
He's even learning multiplication! I don't remember doing that until second grade!
He also LOVES geography.
He likes making these little flags of different countries.
He's brought home several maps the he has pricked and traced.
I think he is doing great in school. His teacher says the he is great and likes to help others. He will spend an entire day trying to master one thing and wants to do new lessons all the time. I'm so proud of his work. I see so much improvement since last year. I think switching to this school last year was definitely the right decision. I think we are leaning on keeping him at this school next year too instead of going to kindergarden at a public school.